Amazing mobile developer needed to work on data-driven app
ATLAS Mobile Technologies is a U.S. startup founded in 2015 to broaden access to legal information and services. As featured on The Discovery Channel, ATLAS keeps users informed and up-to-date on laws which change from place to place or over time. Our team is spread across the country with contributors in six states.
About the opening:
We are currently seeking to contract a Front-End Mobile Developer to join our team. The contract will be open ended with the possibility of developing into a full time position. This role will help develop and implement new features for ATLAS to help our users better understand the laws of U.S. States in addition to supporting expansion into other locales. You will set your own hours and work on projects of your choosing.
Opportunities and Responsibilities
- Create an iOS version of existing Android app
- Develop premium services
- Refine data delivery based on location
- Augment personalization of delivered data based on user characteristics
- Enhance UI to support sharing/social media integration and drive growth
- Collaborate with team members across the United States
- Other projects as offered or approved
You like to code, you like independence and the flexibility to work when/where it suits you best. You take direction and add your own flare, offering ways to spice things up that may not have been considered already. You like to leave your own mark on projects, hating leaving things half-finished and take pride in solving pressing social problems through technology.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field. Experience may be substituted for education
- At least 2 years working on mobile apps, familiarity with iOS and Android preferred
- Experience with agile development methodology
- Experience with animations preferred but not required
Knowledge and Skills
- One of the following, both preferred:
- Familiarity with Apple development environment including XCode, iOS 9, Objective-C and Swift
- Familiarity with the Android development environment including Android Studio and Java
- Distribution of apps on the Apple App Store
- Knowledge of JSON web services and SQLite
- Knowledge of Git, Gitflow, and Github
- Ability to work remotely with people in different time zones
If you are interested please submit your resume along with a statement of interest or cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Please include your hourly rate expectations with your submission.