Seeking awesome developer to work on data-driven app back end
ATLAS Mobile Technologies is a U.S. startup founded in 2015 to broaden access to legal information and services. As featured on The Discovery Channel, ATLAS keeps users informed and up-to-date on laws which change from place to place or over time. Our team is spread across the country with contributors in six states.
About the opening:
We are currently seeking to contract a .NET Developer to join our team. The contract will be open ended with the possibility of developing into a full time position. This role will help develop the ATLAS back-end server to help deliver better, more dynamic content to our users to better understand the laws of U.S. States. This position will also help implement APIs to capture new law data and update existing information in the database as well as help create reporting tools. You will set your own hours and work on projects of your choosing.
Opportunities and Responsibilities
- Develop APIs with third party services to track changing laws
- Create dynamic updates to data delivered to the mobile front-end
- Implement a web console for team members to manage data
- Build reporting mechanisms and executive dashboards
- Collaborate with team members across the United States
- Other projects as offered or approved
You like to code, you like independence and the flexibility to work when/where it suits you best. You take direction and add your own flare, offering ways to spice things up that may not have been considered already. You like to leave your own mark on projects, hating leaving things half-finished and take pride in solving pressing social problems through technology.
Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field. Experience may be substituted for education
- At least 2 years working on mobile apps
- At least 2 years working in .NET framework
- Experience with relational databases
Knowledge and Skills
- .NET Framework 4.5, SQL Server 2012, EF 6
- Microsoft MVC 5 applications, JSON
- Source control repositories (GitHub, SVN preferred)
- Ability to work remotely with people in different time zones
If you are interested please submit your resume along with a statement of interest or cover letter to email@example.com for consideration. Please include your hourly rate expectations with your submission.